Let’s see some more example of data collection and model design not being objective:
- We see that cars are safer for men than women because the crash-test dummies are men.
- We see that cars are safer for thin people because the crash-test dummies are thin.
- We see drugs are safer and more effective for white people because blacks are underrepresented in clinical trials (which is a whole other story about power and data collection in itself).
- We see that Polaroid film used to only pick up white skin because it was optimized for white people.
- We see that poor people are uninformed by definition of how we take opinion polls (read the fine print).