Some interesting key points highlighted over at the p2p Foundation
- Designed and manufactured a 4-passenger street-legal car that gets 100 mpg
- The car was constructed using off-the-shelf parts
- The car is entirely modular in design
- They innovated a new process for carbon-fiber body construction that costs 1/360th the traditional process
- You can pre-order cars now for less than $29,000
- This is not just a one-off prototype. Currently they are manufacturing one car per week (yes, that???s the low volume manufacturing retail price). They are targeting a future price of under $20,000.
- With no capital investment
- Though accept donations
- Everything is done through volunteers
That’s how you do it.